I just recieved my wonderful package from my swap partner (Rachel from Picture Perfect). I love all of the exciting items that she sent me. That frog, yeah it sings. How cool is that! Well have to go do my homework for sewing class.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
I am so honored! My mom has awarded me this Kreativ Blogger award. So now I have to list 7 things I love, then pass it on to 7 deserving bloggers.
- 7 things I love
- Movie theaters when you're the only one in there. You don't have to be quiet or turn off your phone. You can have the best seat, or just move around the whole time.
- Fresh morning dew on the lawn. It's so peaceful and quiet, even though it's usually cold when it happens.
- Walking through book stores trying to find that one book you think you'll love.
- Mastering a new skill in tumbling, and the rewarding feeling you get afterwards.
- Eating doughnuts after tumbling class on saturday, when you feel like jello.
- Skiing down a snow covered mountain, making weird noises with my nose.
- Driving my mom crazy by wearing my favorite old t-shirt showing a broken stick with the caption,"... and that's when i snapped." She is very tired of the shirt.
- 7 deserving people
- My new Vintage Valentine swap partner. http://rachelspictureperfect.blogspot.com/
- This nice blogger loves Twilight. http://alteredartists.blogspot.com/
I will add on to the list when I find more people.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
This is a picture of me at last summer's "Breaking Dawn" book release party at our local bookstore. I was really excited and dressed up for their Prom theme, wearing a crown my mom made. It had a big glittered E and B (for Edward and Bella) and wolves on the sides. She also made me a wand (it's on the table ) and a wrist corsage. But there were hardly any people at the event and nobody else dressed up. I felt weird. I don't know about those random guys in the picture. But I won the contest for best costume and got a tote bag and a couple of books - Woooohoo! I liked the movie, and I can't wait for the others.
I loved "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." Brad Pitt is great. Go see it!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
This is a little collage I made for my mom last year using a picture of me from a few years back. I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture, so sorry about the side-ways layout. I'm excited my mom is getting out all the valentine crafting stuff so early. I'm starting a garland made out of pom poms right now, and my mom is working on something to replace the Christmas wreath over the fireplace.
I'm going to the movies tonight to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." I'll let you know how I liked it.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
This is my Singer Featherweight sewing machine, given to me by my Grandmother. She taught me to sew on this, and we made a quilt. I'm looking forward to taking sewing class next semester so I can learn how to make all kinds of things, including a pair of pajama pants.